My broad area of research is geoechnical engineering. My current research includes
- Earth Pressure Reduction Techniques
- Rock Socketed Piles
- Stabilization of Problematic Soils
- Analysis and mitigation of railway induced vibrations
- Improving liquefaction resistance of soils
- Deep Excavation Supporting Systems
- Ph.D. Thesis
Probabilistic Analysis of Shallow Foundations and Slopes (pdf)
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, May 2006.
Advisor : Prof.G.L.Sivakumar Babu.
- Current teaching
- CE 605 Applied Statistics (Combinedly with Prof.Subimal Ghosh)
- Past teaching
- CE 632 Ground Improvement, Autumn 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19
- CE 605 Applied Statistics, Spring 2016-17, 2017-18
- CE 303 Soil Mechanics-I, Autumn 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14
- CE 304 Soil Mechanics-II, Spring 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14
- CE 319 Soil Lab-I, Autumn 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14
- CE 314 Soil Lab-II, Spring 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14
- CE 407 Foundation Engineering, Autumn 2016-17, 2015-16, 2014-16, 2009-10, 2008-09, 2007-08
- CE 640 Foundation Engineering, Spring 2009-10
- CE 637 Rock Mechanics, Autumn 2009-10
- CE 688 Risk Assessment and Management in Geotechnical Engineering, Spring 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16
- CE 215 Engineering Drawing, Autumn 2007-08 (Along with Prof.V.Jothiprakash)
- CE 643 Experimental Geomechanics, Autumn 2016-17 (Combinedly with other geotech. faculty)
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering,
Department of Civil Engineering,
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, INDIA. (2002-2005)
- M.Tech.,Civil Engineering,
Department of Civil Engineering,
Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, INDIA. (1998-2001)
- B.Tech., Civil Engineering,
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, India. (1994-1998)
Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Bombay, INDIA, July 2019 - Till date
- Assciate Professor,
Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Bombay, INDIA, September 2014 - July 2019
- Assistant Professor,
Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Bombay, INDIA, May 2007 - August 2014
- Post-doctoral Research Fellow,
the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, January 2006 - May 2007
- Project Associate,
Indian Institute of Technology Madras,Chennai, April 2001 - August 2001
- Yashwant Apparao Kolekar and Dasaka S.Murty , "Soft cohesive soil consolidation with stone columns" - submitted to
the Indian Patent Office, Application Number 201621007592, dt. 3rd March, 2016.
- Dasaka S.Murty and Trudeep N. Dave, "A triaxial geocomposite testing apparatus for simultaneously calibrating multiple
pressure transducers" - submitted to the Indian Patent Office, Application Number 223/MUM/2011, dt. 28th January, 2011.
Response to the examination report under review.
- Design and development of advanced yielding technique for static and dynamic
earth pressure reduction on retaining structures using compressible geo-inclusions,
MHRD-UAY, Govt. of India. Role: PI, Rs.3,11,71,000/-, 2019-2022 (On going).
- Preparation of the State-of-the-art report on Road Construction in Black Cotton Soil,
Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Govt. of India, Rs.6,09,200/-, 2018-19 (completed).
- State-of-the-art Research Facility for Sustainable Materials and Technologies in Civil Engineering
Applications (FIST Program), Department of Science and Technology, Government of India,
Co-PI, Rs.5,13,00,000/-, 2014-19 (On going).
- Reduction of Static and dynamic earth pressures on retaining
walls using compressible inclusions (along with Prof. G L Sivakumar
Babu, IISc Bangalore) - Ministry of Earth Sciences,Govt. of India, Rs. 49,97,900/-, 2012-16 (completed).
- Development of resistance factors for shallow foundations
using laboratory load test data- Fast Track Project, Department of
Science and Technology, Govt. of India, Rs.Rs.18,20,000/- (completed).
- Scale effects on bearing capacity of shallow foundations - Seed grant, IIT Bombay, Rs.10,00,000/- (completed).
Current M.Tech. Students
DHANISHA MADHUKUMAR (183040021)
B.Neeraj Kumar (183040021)
M.Tech. Students graduated
- B.K.S.C. Naidu (07304025)
- K.S.Sumesh (08304008)
- Aniruddh Jain (09304018)
- Binil Gopinath (09304019)
- K. Sharat Chandra (113040014)
- Pratap Singh (113040015)
- Sujit Kumar Naik (123040019)
- Rashid Mistafa (123040018)
- Major Shivraj Rawat (133044003)
- Sandeep Meena (133040023)
- Rizwan Khan (143040020)
- Gillela Abhishek (143040017)
- Challa Swayam Prakash Reddy (153040015)
- Monica Dhayatadak (153040021)
- Prince Kumar (163040013)